At Konfig, we are rapidly making progress towards building the easiest way to onboard developers to your API. To keep our followers up-to-date, we are starting this newsletter that will feature 2-3 of our biggest product updates and little fixes.
konfig generate will generate a file named
STATISTICS.md that contains a
Lines of Code in each SDK for your API. Here is an example that we
generated. This file is generated in the same directory as your
file. In the future, we would also like to add more data such as weekly
Our interactive tutorial is now live! Learn how to generate SDKs with a guided interface. This is a great way to get started with Konfig if you would like to generate SDKs yourself.
Improved TypeScript SDK Error
Instead of just throwing the error from the underlying request library,
axios, we now generate a file called
error.ts that contains a custom
Error class. The name of the class is based
off the client name in your
konfig.yaml file. The new custom error message
has a cleaner interface and better inline documentation. In a
Next.js API environment, the logged errors now exclude a
lot of the garbage that was not helpful when debugging.
Improvements and Fixes
- Support for GitLab publishing in Java SDK
- Streaming support in TypeScript SDK for Node.js environments
- Improved class hierarchy in TypeScript SDK to allow for custom classes to call generated methods
- Improved class hierarchy in Java SDK to allow for custom classes to call generated methods
- Fixed bug in Python SDK when circular dependency was present in OpenAPI spec